PRE-COLLEGE SUMMER PROGRAM DIRECTOR
(Locations In: California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, D.C.)
Live on a beautiful college campus this summer and help make a difference in the lives of gifted high school students from across the country. Our national pre-college summer program company is seeking talented and caring individuals to join our summer staff in 2014 as Program Directors.
Each summer, Program Directors provide high school students from across the country with the educational experience of a lifetime. Program Directors are responsible for all day-to-day, on-site program management. From student oversight to comprehensive staff scheduling, Program Director responsibilities are numerous and varied.
Often referred to as one of "the toughest jobs you'll ever love", our Program Director position is very demanding. However, the rewards are worth the hard work. If you are a world-class leader, with a can-do attitude and a sense of adventure, we want to hear from you.
Each program is two-weeks in length with an additional paid week of on-site training and program setup. Compensation is $1000 per-week and includes full room and board.
Our company offers students a new way to discover what it's like to be in college - before they go away to college. Here's what they get to do:
• Experience college life and immerse themselves in inspiring and meaningful courses.
• Live in residence halls on-campus with other students from around the country.
• Get Ready For College - with out proprietary college prep curriculum.
• Road trips! Travel to big cities, famous landmarks and popular attractions.
• Responsible for all on-site program management.
• Responsible for all program staff and students. Including student behavioral and disciplinary issues.
• Act as the sole, on-campus liaison between the company and the campus administration.
• Implement all program scheduling. Organize and execute new scheduling procedures where necessary.
• Oversee the quality execution of all academic, non-academic, and off-campus activities.
• Organize and manage all on-site office administration.
• Implement all company accounting procedures, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures and safety guidelines. • Lead and coordinate on-site staff orientation and staff training.
• Maintain a collaborative and positive working environment. Ensuring impeccable working relationships with and among staff members, students, parents, and campus administration.
• Provide necessary support to Residential Advisors and academic support to Program Instructors.
• Respond promptly to detected concerns and develop corrective action.
• Proactively assist in the review and execution of any duties required to run a successful program, even when not directly assigned.
• Oversee all on-campus and off-campus activities, including student special events and road trips.
• Maintain all program records including, but not limited to; incident reports, attendance records, meeting minutes, call logs and all additional general administrative reports.
• Other responsibilities may include any/all administrative functions of the program. Functions may include, but are not limited to; student roommate requests, supply purchasing, meal planning and special event organization.
• Caring, compassionate and selfless.
• Organized and systems oriented.
• Outstanding leadership skills.
• Thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments.
• Proactive problem solver.
• Quick thinking and entrepreneurial.
• Positive and high energy.
• Demonstrated success working with high school students.
• Thorough understanding of the college admissions process.
• Minimum 1 year of summer program administration experience or equivalent.
• Graduate degree or currently pursuing graduate degree preferred.
• 25 years of age or older.
PROGRAM LOCATIONS AND DATES
• George Washington University | Washington, D.C. | June 28th - July 20th
• Lehigh University | Lehigh, PA | July 5th - July 27th
• Stonehill College | Easton, MA | June 28th - July 20th
• University of California, Los Angeles | Los Angeles | July 5th - July 27th
• University of California, San Diego | La Jolla, CA | June 28th - July 20th
• University of Virginia | Charlottesville, VA | July 5th - July 27th
• Employees are responsible for travel to and from their designated location.