PRE-COLLEGE SUMMER PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Interviews To Be Held In New York City and Washington, D.C. | Skype Interviews For Out-Of-State Candidates)
Live on a beautiful college campus in Washington D.C. this summer and help make a difference in the lives of gifted high school students from across the country. Our national pre-college summer program company is seeking talented and caring individuals to join our summer staff in 2013 as Program Directors.
Each summer, Program Directors provide high school students from across the country with the educational experience of a lifetime. Program Directors are responsible for all day-to-day, on-site program management. From student oversight to comprehensive staff scheduling, Program Director responsibilities are numerous and varied.
Often referred to as one of "the toughest jobs you'll ever love", our Program Director position is very demanding. However, the rewards are worth the hard work. If you are a world-class leader, with a can-do attitude and a sense of adventure, we want to hear from you.
Programs are two-weeks in length with an additional week of on-site training. Compensation is $1000 per-week and includes full room and board.
Our company offers students a new way to discover what it's like to be in college - before they go away to college. Here's what they get to do:
• Immerse themselves in inspiring and meaningful courses.
• Live in residence halls on-campus with other students from around the country, and experience college life.
• Participate in Q&A sessions with college admissions teams.
• Road trips! Travel to big cities, famous landmarks and popular attractions near the school you select.
• Responsible for all on-site program management.
• Responsible for all program staff and students, including student behavioral and disciplinary issues.
• Act as the sole, on-campus liaison between the company and campus administration.
• Responsible for all staff scheduling, academic/non-academic activity oversight and general office administration.
• Responsible for implementing company accounting procedures, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
• Lead and coordinate all new staff orientation to meet program expectations prior to student arrival and provide all staff with necessary support.
• Maintain a collaborative and positive environment, ensuring great relationships with and among staff members, students, parents, and campus administration.
• Provide necessary support to Residential Advisors and academic support to Program Instructors.
• Responds promptly to detected concerns and develops corrective action.
• Recognizes and performs other related duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned.• Oversee all on-campus and off-campus activities, including student special events and road trips.
• Maintain all program records including, but not limited to; incident reports, attendance records, meeting minutes, call logs and all additional general administrative reports.
• Other responsibilities may include any/all administrative functions of the program. Functions may include, but are not limited to; student roommate requests, supply purchasing, meal planning and special event organization.
• Caring, compassionate and selfless.
• Organized and systems oriented.
• Outstanding leadership skills.
• Thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments.
• Proactive problem solver.
• Quick thinking and entrepreneurial.
• Positive and high energy.
• Demonstrated success working with high school students.
• Thorough understanding of the college admissions process.
• Minimum 2 years of summer program administration experience or equivalent.
• Graduate degree or currently pursuing graduate degree preferred.
• 25 years of age or older.
• George Washington University, Washington D.C
Available Program Dates
• June 28th - July 21st
• Program Directors are responsible for travel to and from their designated campus.