PRE-COLLEGE SUMMER PROGRAM TEACHER/INSTRUCTOR (Locations In: California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, D.C.)
Live on a beautiful college campus this summer and help make a difference in the lives of gifted high school students from across the country. Our national pre-college summer program company is seeking talented and caring teachers or current graduate students to join our summer staff in 2014 as Program Instructors.
Program Instructors provide students with a one-of-a-kind, supportive and substantive learning opportunity, the opportunity to study 1 of 9 different courses for two weeks on a real college campus.
Program Instructors teach one course for a minimum of 5 hours per-day - 4 days per-week. In addition to being responsible for all day-to-day class functions, Program Instructors also live in suite-style residence halls alongside the students and participate in fun, non-academic activities after class.
Often referred to as "the toughest job you'll ever love", the Program Instructor position is very demanding. However, the rewards are worth the hard work. If you are a team player, with a can-do attitude and a sense of adventure, we want to hear from you.
Each program is two-weeks in length with an additional paid week of on-site training and program setup. Compensation is $650 per-week and includes full room and board.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates are required to have either 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience * OR * be pursuing or have completed a graduate degree directly related to their preferred course.
• Digital Photography
• Creative Writing
• Medical Professions
• Film Studies
• SAT Prep
• Fashion Design
• Forensic Science
Our company offers students a new way to discover what it's like to be in college - before they go away to college. Here's what they get to do:
• Experience college life and immerse themselves in inspiring and meaningful courses.
• Live in residence halls on-campus with other students from around the country.
• Get Ready For College - with out proprietary college prep curriculum.
• Road trips! Travel to big cities, famous landmarks and popular attractions near the school you select.
• Provide a fun, distinctive and intensive educational course in a dynamic college setting.
• Plan and execute all day-to-day class functions.
• Maintain a positive, professional on-campus presence at all times.
• Responsible for the creation and development of course curriculum and all corresponding lesson plans.
• Supervise non-academic activities, and provide general program/office administrative support.
• Supervise all on-campus and off-campus activities, including student special events and road trips.
• Caring, compassionate and selfless.
• Passionate teachers, infectious enthusiasm.
• Outstanding leadership skills.
• Thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments.
• Proactive problem solver.
• Quick thinking and entrepreneurial.
• Positive and high energy.
• Can do attitude.
• Team player, and eager to help in all situations.
• Candidates are required to have either 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience * OR * be pursuing or have completed a graduate degree directly related to their preferred course.
• Teaching experience preferred but not required.
• Summer program experience preferred but not required.
Program Locations and Dates
• George Washington University | Washington, D.C. | June 28th - July 20th
• Lehigh University | Lehigh, PA | July 5th - July 27th
• Stonehill College | Easton, MA | June 28th - July 20th
• University of California, Los Angeles | Los Angeles | July 5th - July 27th
• University of California, San Diego | La Jolla, CA | June 28th - July 20th
• University of Virginia | Charlottesville, VA | July 5th - July 27th
• Employees are responsible for travel to and from their designated location.